Skills Training and Retention (STAR) Program
The STAR program teaches students how to identify and regulate their emotions using therapeutic skills to see a reduction of maladaptive behaviors in the classroom/school setting.
- Students who are classified as ERI
- Students who receive multiple behavioral write-ups
- Students who experience emotions very intensely
Outline/Services of Program:
- Two DBT* skills training groups a week
- Three individual psychotherapy sessions using a combination of best-practice therapies
Rotations are 4-6 weeks long.
Academic support will be put in place as needed.
For more information on the STAR Program,
please contact Ashley Staggard, LPC, ACS (732) 946-4771 (104)
*Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) is an evidenced-based intervention that is broken down into four modules: mindfulness, distress tolerance, emotional regulation, and interpersonal effectiveness. Students will be taught an assortment of DBT skills with the aim of each student mastering one from each category.